If you want to play Blackjack but are tired of the traditional game we recommend that you try one of its many variants, the Switch Blackjck. The similarities to traditional gaming are many, however there are several differences that make it even more exciting. Before betting, we recommend that you read this article about Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy
Who created the Switch variant
Tabla de contenidos
The creator of the Blackjack Switch variant is Geoff Hall who patented this variant in 2009. This American was a regular Blackjack player who did not like to lose. In a game in which he lost, he realized that the classic version of the game could be improved and be much more attractive to the user if the game allowed to change the first two cards.
The idea was developed by the Hall itself and finally in 2001 it was installed at the Harvey Casino in Iowa. Currently some online casinos have this variant that is only offered by the game provider Playtech.
Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy
Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy. If there is something that makes Blackjack Switch special it is the possibility of changing the cards, since instead of dealing one hand, two hands are dealt. And that’s when the player has the possibility to exchange the top card of each hand for another card. It is necessary to mention that each hand is played separately and that they must be placed based on the order in which the cards were dealt.
The advantage of exchanging cards is a positive factor for the player of this variant of Blackjack. However, this advantage brings its own disadvantages. And is that the Blackjack Switch has two additional rules that make the system even more exciting and complex.
Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy
- The first rule is related to payment. And it is that in traditional blackjack you pay 3: 2, while in Blackjack Switch the payment is only 1: 1.
- The second rule that modifies the game is that if the dealer gets a hand of 22 points, it is considered a tie. And it is considered a tie as long as the player does not get 21 points. That is, if the player has stood with 20 points and believes he has won the game when he sees that the dealer has 22 points, he is wrong. It is considered a tie and the amount wagered is returned.
These are the main differences from the traditional game. Regarding the distribution of cards, there is no difference. In Switch blackjack the dealer deals the cards to the players first starting from the left. And the dealer is always the last to get the cards and play.
- It is recommended to separate the Aces in case you have two.
- In the case of having 17 points or more, it is advisable to stand up and wait for the dealer to play his cards. The chances of going over are high. In this blackjack it is impossible to count the cards, since the number of decks used is 6.
- You always have to ask for a letter when you have two 4, 5, 6, or 8.
Ask, fold, divide or pass
Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy. After the cards are dealt, the player must decide whether or not he wants, depending on the cards that have been touched, to change the top card or play with the ones that have been touched. And on the Switch the player has complete freedom to check, fold, split or ask.
Once the players have finished it is time for the dealer. As you can imagine, the dealer has very strict rules of what he can and cannot do. In reality the rules are the same as in traditional blackjack. The dealer must stand whenever his cards add 17 or more points.
And in the case of having 16 points you are required to ask for a card, running the risk of going over. Although as we have explained before, one of the differences that hardens this variant is that the dealer with 22 points, has not passed. In this case and as long as the player is 20 or below, it would be considered a tie.
Notes to keep in mind
- The number of deck of cards used is 6.
- The minimum bet is 1 euro and the maximum is 5,000 euros. However, it is not 100% true, since when playing a double hand, the minimum bet is 2 euros, and in this case, the maximum is not 10,000, but 2,500 per hand.
- The house edge is only 0.13%.
- There is a Super Match side bet that pays 40: 1 in pairs, three equals and four equals. The rules allow you to change cards as many times as you need.
- With two hands, the odds of winning are higher. The probability of obtaining 21 points in both hands is low. However, it is true that you can win one hand and lose another. In this case, the benefits of winning one hand will offset the losses of the other hand.
- Game provider is Playtech.
What do you think about Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy? Do you prefer Switch Blackjack: rules and strategy or another Blackjack system? If you want to discover other interesting variants of blackjack, we encourage you to read the article about Blackjack Poonton.