Who regulates gambling in Mexico? The person in charge of regulating online gambling in Mexico is the General Directorate of Games and Sweepstakes through the Ministry of the Interior. The purpose of this body is to address “matters related to the supervision and surveillance of the authorizations granted as established by the Federal Law on Games and Sweepstakes and its Regulations.”
The General Directorate of Games and Sweepstakes grants permits to legally play games and sweepstakes with bets permitted by Law. It also ensures that the terms and conditions established by them are met. Another of the fundamental aspects of said body is to deal with complaints of illegal gambling, and to establish collaboration mechanisms with other institutions to combat illegal gambling.
Who regulates gambling in Mexico?
- Sports bets
- Live shows: racetracks, greyhound tracks, frontons, horse races in temporary settings, cockfights and fairs,
- Promotional Giveaways
Functions of the General Directorate of Games and Sweepstakes
The mission of the regulatory body in Mexico is to provide users with a legal, controlled, orderly game and appeal to social responsibility.
- Protect and defend the rights of the player.
- Promote responsible gambling in a safe environment.
- Guarantee fair play.
- Fight against gambling-related criminal activities
- Guarantee fair and responsible gaming.
- Protect minors and vulnerable groups.
- Clarity in the information of rules and conditions.
- Security in deposits and withdrawals.
What operators are licensed in Mexico?
- Codere Apuestas
- Caliente casino
- London Betting Shop
Now you know who regulates gambling in Mexico. When choosing an online operator, it is important that they have the seal that guarantees its legality. Casinos in Mexico must have the following logo: