Interview with Pitch SiGMA 2022 winners. Last November, Secret Casino Tips won the SiGMA Europe Picth Award 2022. It is the first time that three Spaniards have obtained this prestigious international award. SiGMA is the largest international iGaming fair in the world where the best companies and professionals in the sector meet. Today we bring you the interview that our colleague Pablo Fernández Veiga did.
Tabla de contenidos
- 1 Interview with Pitch SiGMA 2022 winners
- 1.1 Tell me more about your project – How did it come about?
- 1.2 What are the short and long-term goals for your company?
- 1.3 What advice would you give to other startups just starting out on their unicorn journey?
- 1.4 Why are events like the Startup Pitch so important for young companies?
- 1.5 What can the industry do better to support the startup community?
Interview with Pitch SiGMA 2022 winners
With a team of exceptional professionals and an innovative, out-of-the-box mentality, Pablo Fernandez Veiga and Ruben Arias Jimenez from Surferpenguin are setting new standards in the world of iGaming after emerging as the winners of the SiGMA Europe Pitch Competition. In this exclusive interview, Maria Debrincat learns about the company’s journey, its innovative solutions, and the secrets to its success.
Tell me more about your project – How did it come about?
The idea of this project was launched about 10 years ago in Malta. At the time the team was all working in various companies in the iGaming industry such as Betsson, Catena Media, Ask Gamblers and all had a highly specialised technical profile. The first venture we took hold of was the launch of the first website Secretcasinotips.com focused on online casino games. Shortly after we launched a second website: gamblersconnected.com with the intention of having the most relevant Hispanic casino forum in the industry.
Today we have another website themagazinesport.com, which is also targeting the sports betting industry and an associated YouTube channel. We have gone from operating in a few countries to becoming affiliates to more than 200 brands in 10 countries in Europe and Latin America.
What are the short and long-term goals for your company?
In the short term, we would like to consolidate ourselves in the Latin American market, where little by little we are becoming stronger affiliates.
A vital step is entering the Brazilian market, for which we are working very hard and we plan to have it ready in the coming weeks.
As a longer-term vision, we would like to expand the business and have more staff working on the websites we currently have while adding more products to the Surferpenguin portfolio.
What advice would you give to other startups just starting out on their unicorn journey?
Work hard and be very patient, because it is a difficult road that requires many hours of work, effort, and sacrifice.
Sometimes it might take time to see results, but you have to be constant, professional, and never give up. There is a lot of competition out there but if you are good enough there is room for everyone.
Overall, the key to success as a startup is to focus on solving a real problem, building a strong team, validating your idea, and staying focused on your goals. With persistence, determination, and a willingness to learn and adapt, startups can achieve great things.
Why are events like the Startup Pitch so important for young companies?
It is the prelude to being part of the sector. Winning the Pitch not only gives us significant visibility and recognition for a job well done but also places us on a new level, bringing us closer to the big companies in the sector and giving us the opportunity to become one of them.
The journey to success is hard and difficult. Recognitions like these incentivise the team to continue working on the project.
Overall, Startup Pitch events provide a valuable platform for startups to connect with potential investors, partners, customers, and industry experts, and to gain exposure and feedback on their business.
What can the industry do better to support the startup community?
There should be a closer and less cryptic collaboration between start-ups and investors.
Many start-ups are made up of merely technical personnel, and do not have the proper legal or tax services framework.
Better advice and closer communication with investments, both public and private, would be a great help for all start-ups.
The industry can support the startup community in several ways:
- Investment: Provide seed funding, venture capital, and other forms of financing to help startups scale.
- Mentorship: Connect startups with experienced professionals and industry leaders who can offer guidance and support.
- Networking Opportunities: Organize events, conferences, and workshops to bring startups and established businesses together.
- Access to Resources: Provide startups with access to resources such as office space, technology, and legal services.
- Partnership Opportunities: Partner with startups to bring innovative solutions to market and tap into new ideas and perspectives.
- Government Support: Advocate for policies that promote entrepreneurship and create a favorable environment for startups to thrive.
Overall, the industry can play a crucial role in supporting the growth and success of the startup community by providing resources, mentorship, and opportunities to help startups succeed.
Interview with Pitch SiGMA 2022 winners.
Thanks to SiGMA for interview,
Secret Casino Tips.