The game of roulette is a simple game, however it is necessary to know perfectly the terminology that is used. For this we have developed a basic glossary of roulette. Regardless of whether you are a new user or an experienced player, we recommend that you take a look.
- Backtrack. Refers to the outer edge of the roulette where the ball spins.
- Bet on the Layout. A bet that is placed on any of the numbers.
- Biased numbers. They are the numbers of the roulette in which the ball falls more frequently.
- Bottom track. It refers to the internal lane of the roulette. This lane remains stationary when the roulette wheel spins.
- Black Bet. You bet that the number that will come out is black.
- Red bet. The bet that is made is on the color red. You pay 2 to 1.
- Six Line. A bet is made on six different numbers. You pay 5 to 1.
- Dozen bet. Bet on one of the 12-number sequences; 1-12, 13-24 or 25-36. These types of bets are paid 2 to 1.
- Corner Bet. The player places the chip at the intersection of four numbers.
- Straight Up Bet. The bet is placed on a single number. You pay 35 to 1.
- Split bet. A bet that covers two numbers stuck on the roulette wheel and is made when the player places his chips at the intersection of these two numbers. You pay 17 to 1.
- Transversale. A bet is placed on three consecutive numbers. You pay 11 to 1.
- Flat bet. It is a bet in which the player always deposits the same amount of money in all his hands.
- Chameleon Strategy. It is a term that is used when a player imitates the strategy of another player who is on a streak.
- Check Rack. It is the tray in which the casino chips are kept.
- Column Bet. It is a bet that is made on all the numbers in a column. You pay 2: 1.
- Credits. At the online level, bets are called credits.
- Croupier. He is the person who is in charge and directs everything that happens at the table
- Dolly. It is the piece or marker with which the winning number is displayed.
- Double zero. It is the additional box that American roulette has. They refer to double 0.
- Double Up System of Betting. It is a strategy used by players to recover part of the money lost in the previous bet. for this, the value of the bet is increased by two.
- Even money. These types of bets are paid 1 to 1.
- Ficheur. The dealer has a tool to separate the chips of each player at the table called Ficheur..
- Five Number Bet. The numbers referred to in this rule are 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. In the event that the ball falls into one of said numbers, the player wins 5 to 1.
- High Bet. You bet that a number will appear in the third column, between numbers 19 to 36.
- House margin. Refers to the percentage of the casino. In the case of European roulette it is 2.70%. On the other hand, American roulette is 5.26%.
- In prison. The Prison Rule happens when the ball falls into the 0 square. Players will lose the multiple bets they have made, however, the same does not happen with single bets. These simple bets are blocked, or is the same, are held in prison. In the event that in the next round the ball lands on one of these simple bets, the money is released or recovered. That is, the player will not lose the money from the bet, but neither will he win anything. In some European casinos instead of recovering the entire bet, only half is recovered. And in the case of American casinos, the entire bet is lost directly.
- Inside bet. A bet that covers individual numbers or small groups of numbers. In the case of hitting, great benefits are obtained.
- Line Bet. You bet that one number will come out of a group of six, which form two lines of three numbers.
- Low Bet. A bet is placed between numbers 1 and 18.
- Marker. It is a device used by the dealer to dial the winning number of that game. No other new bet can be placed until the dealer has removed the marker from the table.
- No Action.A call from the dealer to inform players that the casino will not cover a particular bet or that it does not count a particular decision or spin.
- Neighbors from scratch. It consists of betting on zero and, depending on your position on the wheel, on the nine numbers to the left of zero and the seven on your right. The neighbors of zero are: 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33.
- Orphans. It is a term used in European roulette to refer to bets on numbers 17, 34, 6, 1, 20, 14, 31, and 9. These numbers are neighbors on the roulette wheel. Generally 5 bets are used to cover all 8 numbers: 4 split bets and a straight bet.
- Outside bets. The player’s bet is placed on the outside of the table. They usually cover a good part of sections of the roulette.
- Parlay. The term parlay is used when a bet is doubled after winning a hand.
- Pockets. It is the space or hole where the ball falls. Half of the pockets are red and the other half are black. In the case of 0 or 00 it is green.
- Partage. In the event that the ball falls to number 0, the player loses only half of his outside bet. Partage is used for outside even money red or black, high / low, odd / even bets and also applies when the result is zero.
- American roulette. American roulette has 38 numbers, 0, double 0 and from 1 to 36. In American roulette the house has a greater advantage compared to the European one.
European roulette. European roulette has 37 numbers, a zero and sequential numbers from 1 to 36.
- French roulette.French roulette has 37 squares. It differs from European roulette by using a red mat. Mainly it differs from European roulette by the rules of “La Partage” and “In Prison”.
- Online roulette. the roulette that is played in an internet casino. In these cases a random number generator (RNG) is used.
- RGN. It is a random number generator that is made through a computer program. Through microprocessors, random numbers and consequently the symbols are generated. These systems and algorithms are used to guarantee the total equity of each player who plays online. This ensures that all players have an equal chance of winning.
- Rug. It refers to the cloth that covers the roulette tables. It is normally green in color. However in French roulette it is red.
- Martingale system. It is based on the principle of duplication in case of losing a bet. And you have to follow this principle of duplication until you win a game.
- Paroli system. It is an improved version of the Martingale system. It is a system that is based on the duplication of the simple bet but only in case of winning the hand.
- James Bond system. The total bet per game is 200 euros and a multiple bet or column bet is made. Of the 37 or 38 numbers, depending on whether you play American roulette or European roulette, you will have bet on 25 numbers and only 12 or 13 will be revealed.
- Fibonacci system. It is a cumulative progression in a sequence of numbers. The next number is obtained from the sum of the previous two, as long as the game is lost.
- Take Odds. In additional bet in the “pass” and “come” bets that has real options to exit and does not give an advantage to the bank. It is placed directly behind the original bet on the table. Players can multiply their original bet by 2 or 3.
- Three-way Craps. A single-throw bet where 2, 3, and 12 form three units, one unit for 2, one for 3, and one for 12.
- Tiers du cylinder. It is a bet of French Roulette where a player bets on 12 numbers next to each other in the layout: 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16 and 33.