If you want to play roulette you are in the right place. Learn how to play roulette in style to one of the most demanded games by players. Some points are obvious, but not for this reason, we will stop naming them.
- To win at roulette you need to bet and guess where the ball will stop. It is the most basic, logical and complex concept at the same time.
- Banking always starts with an advantage. In European roulette the advantage is 2.7% and in American roulette it rises to 5.26%.
- Roulette can be played in person or online. At the classroom level, the dealer is in charge of moderating the game. If played online, you will be a live dealer.
- The player decides where to place his bet using chips. Roulette chips can be placed on any of the numbers, insert lines, squares on the game table.
- Each tile has a certain value. A different color is used for each value.
- You can also bet based on the color segment, either black or red; even or odd, and low or high numbers.
- The player only plays against the bench, not against the other players at the table.
- At the moment the dealer says “no more bets are allowed”, no bet can be modified, changed or removed from the table.
- The roulette and the ball rotate in opposite direction.
- The ball comes to rest on a number and the dealer places a flag on the winning number.
- Dealer is in charge of collecting the chips that have lost the bet and paying the players with winning bets. In the case that it is played online, it is done automatically.
There are two types of bets in roulette:
1. Inside bet: the chip is placed on a numbered area of the segmented matrix. Any bet on lines or intersections is included.
2. Outside bet: the bet is placed on the boxes outside the numbered matrix. The red / black and even / odd boxes are also valid.
6 curiosities about roulette
- The name roulette comes from the French word “roulette” which means small wheel and is related to the medieval wheel of fortune. The goddess of fortune was engraved on the casino chips.
- In the book La Roulette, ou le Jour by Jaques Lablee (1796) a roulette wheel is first described spinning at the Palais Royal in Paris.
- Formerly the ball used in roulette was made of ivory. The use of such material is currently prohibited, and plastic, Teflon or Delrin are used.
- You may have heard that roulette is also known as “The Devil’s Game”. You know why? Because if you add all the numbers the result is none other than 666.
- The first roulette consisted of two 0s, as is currently played in American roulette. However, to attract more players, it was decided to make a variation and remove a 0 (European roulette). Thus, the player has a better chance of winning.
- In the American version the profit marker is known as “Dolly”.
To play and win a lot of money at roulette, it is essential to get informed and know the game and its strategies. If for some reason you think you don’t need it, play 50/50. At first we recommend that your bets be of an external type, since it is easier to hit if you bet on red or black, odd or even, on a column than if you decide to make a direct bet. The odds of hitting a single number are always lower than if you decide to make outside bets. Remember that the return of the bet is not the same if you decide to bet on even / odd, low / high, red / black, … that if it is a direct bet or divide.
Learn how to play roulette in style and enjoy!
From Secret Casino Tips we recommend that you read the article “Player Decalogue in 6 steps” to play smart and not lose your mind or money.